By Sarah Mac Donald - 03 August, 2013
Appointment of new national coordinator.
Alpha Ireland is to hold its first National Conference for Ireland next month in Maynooth and the theme of the asembly will be ‘Reaching the Nation’.
The conference announcement follows shortly after the appointment of a New Alpha Ireland National Coordinator.
Peter Rigney has been involved in Alpha for the last few years both as a participant and he has also helped run courses.
In a statement, Mr Rigney said he was “very passionate about Alpha” and saw his new role as “a great tool to spread the good news.”
He added that it was “a privilege” to become the new National Coordinator. “I’m really looking forward to helping equip others in reaching out and building the Kingdom in Ireland.”
He asked for prayers as he and his wife embark on “this new vision and journey for Alpha in Ireland.”
The National Conference will take place on 21 September 2013 at the Glenroyal Hotel. Maynooth, Co Kildare.
According to Susan O’Toole, Chairperson of Alpha Ireland, “There is a real sense of Alpha entering a new season in Ireland.”
It is hoped that participants in the September conference will be able to use Alpha “in many different contexts to bring Jesus into the lives of as many people as possible.”
The day will include talks from visiting speakers, live worship and training on all aspects of running Alpha.
Conference Workshops include:
– New to Alpha: Essential elements of Alpha and planning your first course.
– Social Media: Reaching young people – a practical workshop.
– Alpha for Youth: An overview of Youth Alpha and a preview of the new Alpha Film Series.
– The Marriage Course: Learn about this effective tool for building strong marriages.
– The Parenting Course: Two exciting new courses to equip parents of small children and teenagers.
– Alpha Follow on: How to nurture new Christians and build community post Alpha.
– Alpha in Colleges: How to run Alpha for third level students.
There will also be the opportunity to share and learn from other peoples’ experiences and hear testimonies from people whose lives have been changed through Alpha.
More information: http://alphaireland.org/
By Sarah Mac Donald