www.catholicireland.net Glossary of Roman Catholic Church terms, words and phrases Dear Visitor, If you can think of any other ‘Churchy’ terms, words or phrases that you would like us to add to this list, please send them to email@example.com. And we will try to include them as soon as wecan. Thanks! A Abbess
Spirituality – Regina Cassidy A good friend of mine, someone who works in the Church, often talks with me about the retreats that she has been on. She describes her daily prayer–quiet times of meditation and contemplation. I sit and listen in awe, mixed with a little bit of envy. She seems at such peace,
That families in need may receive the necessary support and that children may grow up in healthy and peaceful environments. Pope Francis – March 2016 The Pope Video is a new and global initiative launched by the Pope’s Worldwide Prayer Network – Apostleship of Prayer
– Monday of the fourth Week of Lent – Gospel: John 4:50 Go home, your son will live. Reflection for the Day There are many levels of understanding the miracles of Jesus. One is the physical level where a young man was cured of terminal illness. We often pray for cures
– Thursday of the third week of Lent – Gospel: Lk 11:23 If you are not with me, you are against me . Reflection for the Day The test of our Christian faith and prayer is how we live. Our prayer introduces us to the love of God in Jesus and to the call of
– Monday of the third week in Lent – Gospel: Lk 4:24 No prophet is ever accepted in his own country. Reflection for the Day From the start there was rejection in Jesus’ life. A reflection on his birth from John’s gospel says, ‘He came to his own, and his own did not
– Friday of the second week in Lent – Gospel: Mt 22:42 It was the stone which the builders rejected that became the cornerstone . Reflection for the Day We look for secure foundations — in a house, a building of any sort, a bridge. We want things to be strong which support
The second release of The Pope’s Video focuses on Care of Creation. That we may take good care of creation–a gift freely given–cultivating and protecting it for future generations. The Pope Video is a new and global initiative launched by the Pope’s Worldwide Prayer Network – Apostleship of Prayer
The Pope has made a revolutionary move with the introduction of his very own video to promote prayer worldwide for his monthly intention. This is the first of twelve to be launched in the months ahead. In this two minute film he calls powerfully on people of different faiths around the world to work together
– Thursday of the fourth week in Lent – Gospel: Jn 5:43 I have come in the name of my Father and you refuse to accept me. Reflection for the Day To say ‘In the name of God, Father of us all’ is to say ‘in the name of justice, equality, compassion and love’.
Saturday of the Second Week of Advent 13-12-14 Gospel: Matthew 7:13 ‘So also, the Son of Man is about to suffer at their hands’. Reflection: Looking into the future Isn’t it strange to know the future of a child? Each time we visit a crib of Bethlehem we can also see the cross: ‘a babe soon
In Psalm 91, we read, “Those who love me, I will deliver; I will protect those who know my name. When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honour them.” (Psalm 91:14-15) The above psalm clearly indicates that God loves us and
Archbishop Gomez stated that while the USCCB Committee on Migration disagrees with elements of the bill, they see the legislation as an overall improvement upon the status quo.